The cushions are Lai Thai style, colourful fabric designs, and are kapok filled to ensure long lasting firmness. To make sure that the triangular cushions remain in shape and serve their purpose, they are stitched and stuffed in a simple manner. They consist of small triangles, each supporting the next.
Most common among Thai mattresses and cushions is the mon khwan, translated as axe pillow, referencing its triangular shape, resembling the blade of a hatchet axe, it is a supportive cushion with an additional headrest for those using it as a seat.
Kapok is made from natural fibres meaning it is hygienic, hypoallergenic and because the outer layer is 100% cotton it makes this mattress durable, comfortable and medically positive. So you can use it for reading, practising yoga, using a laptop or tablet, meditation or just for guests. It’s an extremely attractive and versatile item.
Advantages of the 3 Fold Thai Cushions are:
• Natural and hand made so shades of colour may differ to that pictured
• When completely laid out LxWxH: 170x50x30cm
• Folded in seating position LxWxH: 47x53x51
• Mattress Thickness: 8cm
• Material: Cover 100% Cotton; Filling 100% natural Kapok
• Extra-large Bolster utilized as a Backrest
• Natural Kapok filling is light, hygienic, breathable and environmentally friendly
• Perfect for relaxation and rest.