Our Thai cushions are taken from the Lai Thai style using their colourful fabric designs, and are 100% natural kapok filled to ensure long lasting firmness. To make sure that the triangular cushions remain in shape and serve their purpose, they are double stitched and tightly stuffed. They consist of small triangles stacked skin-tight to one another and each supporting the next.
Kapok is made from natural fibres meaning it is hygienic, hypoallergenic and because the outer layer is made from 100% cotton it makes this cushion durable, comfortable and medically positive. So they can be used for reading, practising yoga, using a laptop or tablet, meditation or just for guests to sit or sleep on. It’s an extremely attractive and versatile item.
Most common among Thai mattresses and cushions is the “mon khwan”, translated as the “axe pillow”, referencing its triangular shape, resembling the blade of a hatchet axe, it is a supportive cushion with an additional headrest for those using it as a seat.
Main advantages of the 3 Fold Thai mattresses are:
• Natural and hand made so shades of colour may differ to that pictured
• When completely laid out LxWxH: 170x50x30cm
• Folded in seating position LxWxH: 47x53x51
• Mattress Thickness: 8cm
• Material: Cover 100% Cotton; Filling 100% natural Kapok
• Extra-large Bolster utilized as a Backrest
• Natural Kapok filling is light, hygienic, breathable and environmentally friendly
Perfect for relaxation and rest.